Monday, September 29, 2008

Valuable Resource for MLIS Students

Hello everyone,

This is the first posting from Blake Robinson, your new FastTrack/Faculty Liaison for SCALA. No one except Jacqui really knows what my formal title means, so I prefer "Online Student Officer." My goal is to ensure that online students do not feel like second-class citizens and to remind students, both on-campus and online, that SCALA is here to serve you.

In any case, I would like to recommend a valuable resource for all students in SIS, though it emphasizes librarianship. The listserv is called NEWLIB-L and is run from the University of Southern California. It provides valuable information from employers, new librarians, and library students on issues of all sorts. It is especially useful for job postings and interview advice; I strongly encourage you to subscribe if you want to find a job.

To subscribe, go to http://www.lahacal.org/newlib/ and follow the instructions to subscribe. I suggest you also choose digest format (near the bottom of the page), as this is an extremely active listserv.

I hope you all find this information useful, and I hope everyone is surviving the fall term so far. Don't forget: SCALA is here for you if you need us. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help you.

Blake

1 comment:

Jacqui Taylor said...

Happy first post Blake!!!